How much does a kids party cost?
This is probably the question I get asked the most. Following is an overview if you are like me and like to outsource everything so you can enjoy the party, socialise with the parents and interact with the kids rather than being stuck in the kitchen or too exhausted by the time the party starts that you just want it to be over! Please note this is not for the faint hearted or DIYers and costs do vary depending on where you are but these are based on SE Queensland party professionals.
Tableware & Decorations
Assuming you want to go all out and theme your party with party decorations to match $100 should get you:
- Tableware – plates, cups, napkins, tablecloths
- Cake – bowls or plates, spoons & candles
- Decorations – background, banner or streamer, danglers & balloons
Usually the thing people outsource the most – $300 should get you:
- Face painter/balloonist for 2.5 to 3 hours
- Costumed entertainer/party host doing games/craft for 1.5 hours
- Magician doing a 40 min show
- A jumping castle all day
Depending on whether you use a local caterer or someone like Woollies or Coles, party platters vary greatly in cost from $40 to $90 depending on item and size but $350 should get you a good mix of food suitable for both adults and kids such as:
- Cheese & dip
- Mini pies & sausage rolls
- Mini quiches
- Mini cupcakes
Birthday cakes really are one thing that vary greatly in price depending on what design you want, how many people’s it’s to feed and the flavour.
- Plain sponge cake decorated with an edible icing image to match your theme – $100
- Small 3D cake in design to match your theme – $200+
- 2 tier cake with all the bells and whistles – $250+
For good quality party bags with say 6 favors and confectionery to match you are looking at around $5 each.
So the grand total for an all inclusive party for say 15 kids without you having to lift a finger – approx $1,000.
And if you want a nice clean house beforehand so that the kids can make a mess for you to clean up after then add another $100 for cleaning (2 hours before & 2 hours after).
For our complete range of hosted party package options (available Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and Gold Coast) please go to Ezy Kids Parties
And for our complete range of party supplies please go to Children’s Party Supplies