Here are some fantastic activities that can be adapted to suit a variety of party themes. This month we have been concentrating on the Disney Frozen theme, but a Mad Scientist theme, or any of the cute little kid themes such as The Wiggles, will see the kids having fun and are a great way to keep them busy. Thanks to Lisa from Sweetwater Smiles Stationery for the photo!
How to make Sparkly Play Dough
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Makes: enough for 2-3 children
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp veg. oil
- Sparkly glitter
- Food colouring
- Mix all ingredient in a large pot over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until mixture is a thick dough consistency and no longer sticky. Scoop out onto a cookie sheet to cool before playing with it.
- Add food colouring during the cooking process.
- Add glitter after the dough is cool. (Source :http://www.learning4kids.net/range-of-play-dough-recipes/ )
How to make Snow
- 500g bicarbonate of soda
- 1 x shaving cream
- Pour the bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
- Add in the shaving cream until the consistency resembles snow.
- Give it a really good stir until all ingredients and add the glitter for a frost effect.
- Then make your little snowmen. (Source :http://pagingfunmums.com/2014/07/13/frozen-erupting-snow/ )
How to make Snowflake Crayons
You need :
- A snowflake chocolate mould
- Some old crayons (or new ones)
- Place the crayons into a glass or ceramic bowl and melt the crayons in the microwave.
- Pour the melted crayon mixture into the moulds and sprinkle with glitter.
- It only takes about 4 to 5 minutes to set. (Source : Lisa Webb - Sweetwater Smiles Stationery)
How to make Sparkly Silly Putty
You need :
- 147ml of clear school glue
- 147ml water
- 1/2 tsp of Borax
- 1/2 cup hot water
- silver and blue glitter
- food colouring
1. Pour the glue into a bowl
2. Add the water
3. Stir until well combined
4. Add a few drops of blue food colouring and stir again
5. Add a few sprinkles of the glitter and give it another good stir
6. In a separate cup, add 1/2 cup of hot water
7. Add 1/2 a teaspoon of the Borax to the hot water and stir until dissolved
8. Pour this solution into your original bowl with the glue and water
9. This is the best part! Stir and watch the magic happen! Doesn’t it look cool! It may take you a few minutes to make sure it’s all combined properly
10. Enjoy this fun, sensory activity! (Source :http://pagingfunmums.com/2014/06/13/frozen-silly-putty/)